Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This Fading Ember

Once aflame this fading ember now streaming from the sky
disoriented charred and weathered a fallen satellite
endeavoring to piece together in hope that it just might
with careful restoration be made capable of flight


Northern lights illuminate frost bitten nights
beacons beckoning assuring anxious grounded flights
casting lots for intervention waiting on the day
light is sweet yet darkness prays duality my name


Set my heart at rest
let my mind attest


Stranded next to nowhere the wreckage caving in
awkward steps toward in short my bearing wearing thin
a wandering to find a faltering defined
the static sky mesmerizes my heart and mind


For the voice inside finds favor in the quietness of dark
and a turning taking precedence urging me to break apart


This fading ember a remnant to be set aflame (There is yet hope)
This heart to render surrender and trust in your Name (There is yet hope)




Written by Matthew Clifford (Copyright 2009)


These lyrics were written for a prior band, and are representative of my perspective of my Spiritual condition at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment