Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Wait

I wait, and I wait

Counting down the seconds to the end of all these haggard barren years
Glimpses of oasis shine and shimmer, foster hopes and summon fears
An omen for tomorrows not yet certain even vague to gifted seers
Compelled to forge ahead even when that which is longed for disappears

Still straining to see a semblance of purpose in this struggle

I am waiting and am weighted down with cares and aspirations
Wearied by these complications, I am jaded by hiatus

Yet I know this waiting is worth it's weight in gold

Written by Matthew Clifford (Copyright 2009)

These lyrics were written for a demo for a band from California. The lyrical theme of this song is knowing that you have been given great talents, but you do not have a means to express them, and the ensuing struggle of waiting for the next opportunity to enable you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment