Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Plot

All hail

Laying low the high and mighty, shining brightly he falls like lightning

Sharpened words, drawing blood that teems with anger
Tethered tongues, letting fly and warm with danger
I can't bear, burying these painstaking efforts
Count the cost, cut my losses and these fetters

My flight above this graveyard is a raptured ressurrection, from the slow death waiting room I've left below
Casting shadow salutations on your good intention tomb, as I soar to heights that you may never know

Rest in peace

Fold your hands and close your eyes, tarry in the twilight of the finite divine

Rest in peace you weary eyed kings, as thick as thieves in your complacency

All hail

All hail the dethroned king his bitter reign of tyranny has ended
The plot to overthrow the headstrong sovereign, though a desperate degree
proved to be a great success, three cheers for mutiny

Written by Matthew Clifford (Copyright 2009)

These lyrics were written in response to the remaining members of a band that I resigned from. The lyrical theme of this song is that we as band members were blessed with talent and were metaphorical "Kings". My leaving the band was due to my dissatisfaction with their shortsightedness, and their subversion of my desire to lead the group in a more successful direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment